The Construction Monkey Conductor calculator lets you figure out electrical characteristics of wires including the ampacity, circular mills, area, resistance, reactance, impendance, conduit fill, and voltage drop.
Make your selections below and the form will automatically update the values.
|Max Voltage Drop||Max Length|
|2% Voltage Drop|
|3% Voltage Drop|
|5% Voltage Drop|
- Ampacity based NEC 2017 Table 310-16, which is based on three (3) current carrying conductors at 30 degrees Celsius Ambient.
- Calculations based on 0.85 Power Factor.
- Based on NEC2017 Table 9.
- Check Conductor De-Rating Factors for more than three (3) current carrying conductors.
- Load for Voltage Drop is calculated based on 80% ampacity load of maximum allowable ampacity.
No guarantees are made as to the accuracy of the calculation or compliance with local codes. Verify all calculations with a professional engineer. If you find an error, or have a suggestion, please send us an email.